To ensure stress-free travel on the road, Ting Mobile, shares savvy smartphone tips to take before you hit the road.
- Secure data and personal info: Enable your phone’s screen lock feature and use a strong password to protect your information on the go.
- Plan your TV & movie binge: Not everyone wants to watch the same program, so be sure to download all your favorites movies and shows ahead of time. Platforms like Disney+, Netflix and Amazon Prime let you download movies and shows to your device.
- Take your maps offline: Sometimes you’ll end up in an area without cell phone reception. Using Google Maps, download your maps in advance over Wi-Fi you don’t need to use your cellular network to navigate.
- Monitor and limit app usage to avoid huge data charges: Apps like Netflix, Spotify, and Facebook all see upticks through extensive usage. Control your data in the app’s setting. You can set how much data the app can use, and you can prevent photos from loading in your feed until you’re on Wi-Fi.
- Charge your phone faster on Airplane Mode: Although you’re not going to be on a plane, this hack can come in handy. If you’re low on battery life and in a crunch for time, put your smartphone on Airplane Mode to cut down the time needed to charge your phone.
- Use your phone as a GPS tracker (for friends or children traveling with you): Google Maps lets you share locations in real-time, so you can see where your travel companions or kids are. This is an awesome safety tip for parents of slightly older kids who might want to do their own exploring.
- Be more mindful: Put down your phone and unplug every once in a while. Take a mini digital detox during the drive and get some much-needed rest or enjoy the scenery. Your phone will thank you too.